Friday, July 13, 2012

Portable Magnet Board

Here is a Pinterest success story.  I have posted before about the magnet board we made for our toddler and attached it to her wall.  Well, this time I made a portable magnet board.  L has started getting bored easily.  She is a very busy toddler so I always make sure I have plenty for her to do, especially for long car trips.  This was made with car trips in mind along with learning letters and numbers.  She actually already knows a couple of letters.  I used an old cookie sheet that was rusting and wasn't fit for cooking on anymore.  It is a smaller one so L can handle carrying it around.  I spray painted it with several coats after thoroughly cleaning and scraping the surface.  Then I went and bought two packs of cheap letter and number magnets from Walmart and one of those little baskets with handles for a dollar at Target.  The basket is small and easy for L to carry around too.  She already loves magnets.  These might end up all over your car when you take them along but that doesn't bother me as long as she is occupied.  Easy, cheap and educational.



No comments:

Post a Comment