Saturday, October 26, 2013

Honey Garlic Pork Chops

I have been busy with my new temporary job and I have been trying to make meals that can be made quickly and easily.  They also have to be good warmed up for lunches at work.  We prefer to eat homemade foods rather than eating out or buying pre-made boxed foods.  The easiest way for easy, quick, healthy, homemade meals is to use marinades.  I have started making up bags with marinades and putting meat in them and freezing them.  Then I can take it out of the freezer the night before, and it's ready the next night for cooking. This is one of the marinades we have been using for pork chops.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup apple juice
2 Tbsp. oil (I usually use grapeseed or olive)
3 Tbsp. coconut aminos (This is what we use to replace soy sauce.)
6 garlic cloves, minced
4 pork chops (I use boneless.  I hate eating around bones.)

Directions:
In a ziploc bag, add all ingredients and close and mix around.  Let marinade for at least 2 hours.  Once marinated, grill or bake.  We grilled and loved them.  But if you can't grill, bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

I got this recipe from Pinterest and just replaced the soy sauce.  To see the original post, look here

No comments:

Post a Comment