Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Not everything can be healthy.  During the holidays, I still ate some cookies, I was just very careful about how many I ate.  These cookies were a winner.  They were so good that J wants me to make some without chocolate chips next time.  (He doesn't like chocolate much.)  I used the recipe from BakerByNature and made a few edits to go with my own tastes.  But I must give credit where it is due because this is the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever eaten. 

Ingredients:
14 Tbsp. salted butter
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 cup 2Tbsp. dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

(The chocolate chips is where I varied the recipe.  I prefer less chocolate and made my own mix of flavors. The original recipe called for 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.)

Directions:
Place the butter in a small sauce pan on medium-high heat.  Stir constantly until butter is melted and just starting to brown.  Scrape butter into a bowl and place the bowl in the refrigerator until butter is room temperature. 
After butter is back to room temperature, preheat oven to 375°F.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper.  In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt.  In the stand mixer bowl, add the brown butter and all sugar.  Beat until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and beat until smooth.  Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.  Slowly fold in the flour mixture.  I still used the stand mixer for this but added it in slowly.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Roll the dough into desired size balls, I used 1-2 tablespoon size but I didn't measure.  I just did what felt and looked right.  Place the dough balls on the parchment paper leaving about 2 inches between each ball for spreading.  Back each baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.  The cookies should be golden at the edges but still soft in the center.  Let cookies cool a bit before transferring.



No comments:

Post a Comment