Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cinnamon Muffins


I have a bunch of chocolate chips left over after Christmas.  Yes, they keep well in the freezer, but I thought I would go ahead and use some.  I get sugar cravings sometimes, as most women do, but I've tried to start making something semi-healthy to satisfy the cravings.  Even if there is sugar in it, the recipe is mostly unprocessed.  All of my guinea pigs raved about this recipe.  It was our New Year's Eve treat.  We taste tested these muffins, various teas my sister bought to try and a bottle of Yellow Tail Moscato.  It was a great night!  

Ingredients:
1½ cups old fashioned oats
2 and 2/3 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder (corn free)
½ tsp. salt 
1-2 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1½ cups canned coconut milk
1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips (I am still looking for chocolate chips with acceptable ingredients)

Directions:
Combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix in the eggs, milk, and butter.  Stir until the flour is moistened. Mix the chocolate chips in.  Fix greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until tops are light golden.  Makes approximately 18 muffins.
Note:  I have a picture of the muffins but it is on my phone at the moment.  I will update with the picture when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment