Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY Washer Necklaces

These went over really well.  I made them for all of my nieces, my mom, my mother-in-law, my sister, my best friend and myself.  Most people put it on immediately.

Supplies:
Washers
Scrapbook paper
Mod podge
Trimming knife
Sponge brushes
Scissors
Glossy accents
Cord/string/chain
Beads

Instructions:
Trim scrapbook paper to fit on the washer.  Spread mod podge on the washer and smooth the scrapbook paper on the washer.  Trim any excess paper from the washer using the trimming knife.  Dab the glossy accents on the washer.  A little goes a long way.  Spread it in the middle because it will spread to the edges some on its own.  It takes a long time for this to dry.  It depends partly on the weather and partly on how much glossy accents you put on.  It took mine at least 24 hours to completely dry.  Once they are completely dry, you can turn them over and do the same thing to the other side.  After both sides are dry, wrap the cord around and string the bead.  You now have a washer necklace.  I tied them with adjustable knots so that no matter who wears them, they can adjust the length of the necklace.





Note:  I don't have any one blog/website to credit with this.  I did not come up with these but there are multiple sources across Pinterest and the blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment