Saturday, June 2, 2012

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

I've been busy today.  This is my second new recipe in one day.  It's good though.  I've always gotten raves for my alfredo but I've made improvements over the years and made even more improvements today in order to make the recipe corn free.  I used to include Season Salt.  Well, all of the season salts I have found so far have corn ingredients.  I will be working to make my own season salt so stay tuned for that.  This was a hit with the family tonight so I will share.

Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-16oz. package fettuccine noodles (this can be gluten free with gluten free noodles)
¼ cup butter (an oil can be used instead of butter but use a little less or the sauce will be oily)
¼ cup chicken stock (watch ingredients)
1 can coconut milk
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. dried thyme
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (more can be added to taste; leave out for corn and dairy free)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Season the three chicken breasts with salt and pepper and a little bit of olive oil.  Grill until finished.  Slice into thin slices.

While the chicken is grilling, boil the noodles to desired firmness.  The top chefs always say al dente.  Well, I like mine softer than that.

While the noodles are boiling and the chicken is grilling, make the alfredo sauce.  In large pan, melt butter.  Pour in chicken stock.  Gradually stir in the heavy cream.  Bring to a simmer while stirring almost constantly. Add in paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper.  Taste at this point to check salt and pepper.  Stir in the parmesan cheese.  Taste now and add any salt, pepper or extra parmesan cheese to your taste.

Now toss noodles, chicken and sauce all together.  Serve.  This easily makes 5 servings and can make up to 10 servings when served with other side dishes.  This goes great with a small salad.

Of course you want to see a picture right?  Well, here you go:


Are you drooling yet?  I know it looks a little difficult and involved but it really isn't.  If I can make it, anyone can.  And my husband and I worked together to make this meal.  I love cooking together to make something so good.  Not to mention, we have plenty leftover to take to work for lunch a couple of days this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment