Monday, June 25, 2012

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken

I have a new favorite citrus fruit.  LIME!  I never knew I even liked lime.  I can actually eat slices of lime.  I had no idea how great these little green things were.  I am so glad I tried this.

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 12-15 chicken tenders
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup olive oil
½ cup lime juice
Zest of one lime
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried rosemary
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp. black pepper
1½ tsp. salt

Directions:
In a bowl, mix well all ingredients except the chicken. Place thawed chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour mixture over making sure the chicken is coated well.  Marinate for a few hours up to overnight.  Grill until cooked through.  This could also work as a freezer meal.  Just toss into freezer instead of the fridge for marinating.  Set the bag out in the fridge the night before you are going to cook the meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment