Saturday, June 16, 2012

Creamy Garlic Noodles

This is another pasta but it was another hit in our household.  I made it with spaghetti noodles like the original recipe did but I think it would be better with a swirly egg noodle or fettuccine noodle.



Ingredients:
2 tsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced (I actually used garlic powder instead of garlic.  If you do this, use 1 tsp. garlic powder and nix the olive oil.)
2 Tbsp. butter (can use oil for dairy free)
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
3 cups plus a little chicken stock (watch ingredients)
½ lb. pasta (use gluten free if needed)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (leave out for dairy and corn free; add to individual bowls later if desired)
1 cup canned coconut cream
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I only had dried parsley on hand so I used dried)

Directions:
In a pot, bring the olive oil to medium-low heat.  Add the garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes.  (I skipped these first two steps because I used garlic powder)  Pour in chicken stock.  Stir in salt, butter (garlic powder if you use it) and pepper.  Raise the heat until the butter is melted and mixture is boiling.

Once it is boiling, add pasta and cook to desired consistency.  This is when I had to add chicken stock because I like my pasta cooked softer than the typical al dente. Reduce heat to medium and stir in the parmesan until it is melted.  Then stir in milk and parsley.  Turn off heat.  Serve.

The original recipe is HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment