Sunday, June 10, 2012

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

This was a hit tonight and made enough for leftovers for J to take to work for dinner for the next two days.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 12-15 tenders
1 pint BBQ sauce (must be homemade for corn and gluten free)
¼ cup brown sugar (watch ingredients; I use a safe organic brand which I feel I can trust is corn free)
pepper
chicken broth (watch ingredients)

Directions:
Put chicken in a slow cooker.  I put the chicken in frozen.  In a separate bowl, mix together BBQ sauce, brown sugar and pepper.  I have a pepper grinder and I just put some pepper in without measuring.  You can add more later if needed.  Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.  Pour enough chicken broth to cover the chicken in liquid.  It took about a cup or a little more to cover the frozen tenders.  Stir it all together and cook in the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.  Since the chicken I used was frozen, I checked on it at 5 hours and I thought it needed more so I put the cooker on high for the last hour.  The chicken tasted great and was very tender.

This isn't a very pretty picture but I didn't make it all fancy tonight. But if you're like me, you need a visual.  Hopefully I will get better at taking food pictures as I go.




No comments:

Post a Comment