Saturday, June 2, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing

Yes, I know there are tons of recipes for this stuff online.  Especially on Pinterest.  But this is my recipe.  I started with a recipe I found on Pinterest but it was extremely bland so I just figured it out on my own.  And now, I'm sharing it with you.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup sour cream (you could use coconut yogurt here to make this dairy-free)
1 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried chives
2 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (leave this out for corn-free and dairy-free)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together well.  Pour into air tight containers and chill before using.  Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Makes 2 pints/1 quart

I put mine in two pint sized mason jars.  One went in the fridge and one went in the freezer.  Note:  Make sure you get freezer safe jars.

This is what it looks like:



Note:  Watch the ingredients of sour cream if you are watching corn.  Some have sodium citrate as a preservative ingredient.  




No comments:

Post a Comment