Friday, June 22, 2012

DIY Magnet Boards (Great for kids and classrooms)

This is an idea I saw on Pinterest and I made it work for us.  I can see great benefits to using this at home and in the classroom.  The first one I saw re-purposed a cookie sheet for a magnet board.  I didn't have any extra cookie sheets at the time so I sent J to the good old Home Depot to get a small sheet of sheet metal.  They will cut it down to the size you need but sometimes they already have small pieces available.  When he got it home, we sanded down the edges and spray painted the metal and some screws.  We screwed the metal onto the wall and voila!  Magnet board in L's bedroom so I don't have to step on the magnets in the kitchen when they fall or get thrown off of the fridge.

I have a cookie sheet now that I am working on re-purposing.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get all of the rust and coating off so there aren't imperfections under the spray paint.  I have a different activity in mind for it.  I will update when I'm finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment