Saturday, June 23, 2012

Greek Seasoning

This is another store bought convenience which we were surprised contained corn.  We used Greek seasoning on vegetables a lot.  Using this is how I've gotten my husband, daughter, friends and other family member to eat green beans.  Try it on green beans.  It took some taste testing and many modifications to get this recipe right.  But it is pretty close the the Greek seasoning you buy at the store.

Ingredients:
½ tsp. dried thyme
¼ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. dried marjoram
1½ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried parsley

Directions:
I have a mortar and pestle I used for this.  Some people may not mind the larger dried leaves from the herbs but I like it so that I can put it in a shaker to shake on food.  Not to mention, my family is picky about textures.  Just mix all of the listed ingredients together and grind in the mortar and pestle.  Dump into a shaker and use.



2 comments:

  1. I like this since I'm always running out of the darn stuff when I need it most! I've got some fresh green beans larry brought me so I'm having them for supper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just discovered it had corn in it. We were still having rashes so I have been rechecking everything. We've found several more things we regularly used with corn. And I had all of the ingredients for this on hand except marjoram.

      Delete